Late Nights

I was totally pumped to watch a NBA Finals series between the Lakers and the Celtics. As soon as I heard the Celtics won Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals I immediately went to check the finals schedule.

And then I was horrified to see that EVERY game of the finals will start at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM where I live.) Eight O'Clock! Augh! During the summer months I have to wake up at 5:45 AM for my work at Camp of Champions. The job is demanding, so I require as close to 8 hours of sleep as I can get.

I saw the first half of Game 1, and then went to bed. I read later that I missed an amazing second half. The realization quickly set in: the second half of games is almost ALWAYS better than the first. Which means that it's almost not worth me watching the games at all.

Game 2? I missed a HUGE near comeback by the Lakers in the 4th quarter. Dah! I can't win. I'm sure it will continue.

I know that a 'real sports fan' would probably just stay up and suffer through the next day. I might do that if it comes to Game 7.

For now I would just rather moan about my inability to watch entire games. I mean, the season finale for the NFL starts at 5:00 PM, why not for the NBA?

I'll sign my name to a petition for the NBA finals games to start earlier. Anyone else?

1. Pheaney Lindell

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's what there's Cafe Estima for the next morning... :)