What Have I Stumbled Into?

Watch out! You've just fallen into the Thicket! A place where sports collide with a sense of humor and a dose of Christianity. It could get pretty thick in here, so stay close. Three things you should know:

#1) I've always enjoyed sports editorials played for humor. (Rick Reilly and Bill Simmons set the standard. I read them first in SI and on ESPN.com, respectively).

#2) I am a Christian, a believer in the Jesus Christ of the Bible and his work on the cross.

#3) I think that these two passions can be combined. And that premise is the purpose of the Thicket. Can I sort my way through a tangle of sports and Christianity? Stick with me for a one year experiment to find out. A few additional things you may want to know:

a) I'm a HUGE Minnesota sports fan.
b) I'm only writing for the Thicket part time. (Actually, not even that.)
c) Don't expect every article to mention God.
d) Do expect every article to be free form innuendos and lewd remarks.
c) I'll only continue writing past December 31, 2008 if I reach one of these statistical benchmarks: The site averages 100 unique hits a day, I receive 50 comments from people I don't know, I am mentioned by a somewhat major outside source, or I earn at least $50 in ad revenue.

So grab your ticket. You're in the Thicket. Let's do this.

No comments: