All Christian Fantasy Baseball

I'm not participating in a Fantasy Baseball League. I never have. I might do it someday. But I prefer to wait until I don't have a 7:00-5:30 job every weekday of June, July, & August.

In lieu of participating, I decided to do a little scouting for an all-Christian fantasy baseball team. I still have this crazy idea that if you put a group of Christians together, they will excel. (The real question being: Does a Fantasy Baseball team count as 'together'?)

Here's what I found, by position. You can click on the names for an internet article/video referencing the faith of these Christians:

First: Sean Casey, Todd Helton
Second:
Short: David Eckstein,
Third:
Catcher: Pudge Rodriguez,
Left: Matt Holliday, Juan Pierre, Matt Diaz
Center:
Right: Jeff Francoeur,
DH: Mike Sweeney,
Utility: Ben Zobrist,
Pitchers: John Smoltz, Jeff Suppan, Tom Glavine, Jake Peavy

Not a bad list for a first run through. I'll continue to update as I hear of more Christian baseball players. Feel free to let me know who I'm overlooking.

Tuesday I will be watching the 60-win Boston Celtics at the Milwaukee Bucks. I'm hoping for some good Thicket material, and praying for good conversations with the two teenagers I'm taking to the game.

No comments: