Superbowl Preview

This post is coming less than 3 hours 'till kickoff.

My prediction: Patriots 35, Giants 24. (Note: I don't want my prediction to come true.)

Yon's prediction: Pats 35, Giants 24. (Note: Yon has rapped up the thicket contest with that prediction. Whether he knows it or not is the bigger story.)

Grimmbo's prediction: Pats 38, Giants 24. (Note: We didn't copy off of each other.)

Wife's prediction: Giants 31, Pats 27. (Note: I REALLY hope she's right.)


ESPN surveyed 100 celebrities for their Superbowl prediction. Two Christians who caught my eye:

James Dobson predicts the Patriots will win 34-24. Dobson is founder of Focus on the Family. One of their side ministries is 'Plugged In.' Use their website to check reviews on movies, tv shows, and more entertainment. By reading their thorough reviews of pop culture items, I've protected my eyes and mind from many not-so-good media items.

Pat Robertson prefers the Giants wins, but didn't make a prediction. I don't know much about Roberston, but feel free to visit his website for info on this Christian businessman, statesmen, author, and more.

Finally, if you live in the Peoria area, tune into the Doc & Kotter Show. (5-7 PM on 96.5 ESPN) On their Friday show they decided to have a discussion about God's influence on the big game. (Kotter was citing the fact that inevitably someone invokes God's guidance and power as the reason for the Superbowl win.) I'll hopefully be tuning in, maybe even attempt to call into the show. For sake of their discussion, the Giants better win, because I'm not so sure I see the Patriot praising the Lord.

Enjoy the game. May your hotwings and HD be blessed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We almost lost HD, but my statement that the Giants would win won out!! What a game... it kept me on the edge of my seat till the final 0:01.

Pheaney said...

At 0:01 not even Bill Belichick could stay on his seat.