Ultimate YouTube

Now that the Superbowl is over, the NBA & NHL are in midseason, and March Madness is still a month away, the sports world enters into a minor lull in action. What to do? Let's review past memories!

I sat down to find a YouTube clip from last year. I wanted to remember Tony Dungy's post game speech. You might remember it: He called out that winning a championship the 'Lord's way' was an even bigger deal than being the first African-American head coach to do so. Well, the first video I came across was this, but it was actually after the after AFC Conference Championship, (when they pulled a huge comeback over the Patriots).



So not quite what I was looking for, but cool nonetheless. Dungy literally breathes his Christianity. I'll put him in the same pool as Jon Kitna: Say what you want about them, but they are living what they believe.

As often happens on YouTube, another video caught my eye. This one about Chicago Bears Coach Lovie Smith and his Christian faith.



You can see the Superbowl XLI logo in the background of the video. My guess is that this was recorded in the week prior to the game. But what a cool video! I love it when Christians in sports take a stand and are not afraid to lay out their beliefs.

I boarded the last leg on this Internet train be visiting the website at the end of the previous video: www.beyondtheultimate.org. Athletes in Action sponsors the site and it has all sorts of cool videos and testimonies from Christian Athletes. Go check them out! Some quick picks I would recommend include: David Garrard, LaDainian Tomlinson, & David Tyree (of Super Bowl 42 fame!)

I'm still searching for that Dungy video, but I'm really glad I found this website. It should help me as a I seek to run an all Christian Fantasy Football team. I only have to wait 31 weeks!

No comments: